My mother is now cringing at the sight of the title of this post. I debated even writing this post, because it seems a little trashy; however, this blog is, above anything else, a place to document the lives of my crazies. God knows I can't keep up with a baby book. Kieksy is currently going through what most call the "Language Explosion." He hit his 2nd birthday, and suddenly he's stringing words together and becoming more and more intelligible every day. Finnboo's favorite game is telling his "brudder" words to repeat. It keeps them busy for crazy lengths of time. Concurrently, Kieksy has also become VERY interested in transportation. He's obsessed with his wooden train set, we read a truck book every night, and he yells with excitement whenever an ambulance, fire truck, or motorcycle drives by our house.
However, in Kieksy's world of language & articulation development, "truck" is pronounced "f*ck!" And we stifle our laughter every single time. (That's the part that feels a bit trashy for some reason.) But, we continue to find it hilarious.
Here's an example of what I typically hear when driving around in the car. "Oh, Mommy, f*ck! Oh, a big f*ck! (silence for 2 seconds until the next one is spotted) Ooh, Mommy, more f*cks! Oh, a dumb f*ck! (dump truck)" It goes on and on, and I snicker as quietly as I can, and repeat each time in my best mommy/teacher voice, "Yes, that is a big TRUCK!"
I just know that this stage will be gone before we know it, and our baby, who unknowingly curses like a
f*ck truck driver, will be a grown up with perfect elocution and will laugh at himself one day when he hears the story of how he used to curse. (Just like his mother, who used to walk back and forth under the kitchen table at the age of 1 1/2 saying "shit" over and over.)
 |
| so innocent! |
That's hilarious! It's not trashy to laugh at babies with accidental swear mouths. So, long as you're not saying hey, Kieran, say F#@k!
ReplyDelete