And I haven't since. Even though my mom hasn't had my dad here to celebrate with for the past 3 years, I make sure to tell her Happy Anniversary, and will continue counting the years with her. (37 for the record.) I'm so thankful for the amazing example of "real-life wedded bliss" that they gave me through all those years, and strive to be as happy as they were in my own marriage. (So far, so good Johnny boy..... ;P)
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Happy Anniversary!
11 years ago today, I was a senior in college. I was hanging out with my roommates after a night out to celebrate Danielle's birthday and it suddenly struck me that it was my parents' wedding anniversary and I had forgotten to call them. I felt like the worst daughter in the world, and decided that I must call-right then-at 2 am. My panicked mother answered the phone (even though it's been some time since I've called and woken her up I can still hear and perfectly imitate her middle of the night "hello") and I started crying hysterically as I apologized. Once she figured out that I was alive and unhurt, she proclaimed me drunk, told me not to worry about it and to go to bed. I swore that night that I'd never forget again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment