 |
| This was taken during a previous "I don't wanna take a nap" scream session..... |
I almost believed that Kieksy was possessed tonight, he threw such a fit. This was the first
big tantrum. It was my fault. Well, no, he made the choice not to eat his dinner and to play instead. I made the choice to stick to my guns and deny him the delicious cookie that his brother was enjoying after he finished his
Bacon Cheeseburger Twice Baked Potato AND salad. Kieksy was given several chances to eat his dinner once he saw Finnboo with a cookie, and all he did was scream about a cookie. He screamed so much, and so loud, that I took him upstairs to get ready for bed. That's when the devil took over. The screaming got louder. He threw himself around and flailed like no one's business. I turned on Sesame Street to calm and distract him to no avail. When he was finally in his pajamas,the 'boo was on his way up to get ready for bed, but Beelzebub was set on going downstairs. Finally I told Johnny to just let him go to see what he was going to try to do. Johnny followed him down because I was at my breaking point with the screaming. After a minute, the screaming stopped. I knew Johnny hadn't given in and handed over a cookie (we had pow-wowed in the kitchen earlier and agreed we were following through,)but I went down to investigate. I was shocked to find the two of them sitting at the table, Kieksy devouring a new serving of dinner like an angel. It was like through the wrath of his tantrum all he was trying to say was, "Okay Mom, I get it, let me go and eat my dinner now!" He got his cookie after all.

It's a good thing he's cute!
Good thinking, Johnny! It is a good thing he is cute...little Peanut Boy.
ReplyDelete